It’s has been quiet here for the last months, but behind the screens we are still busy with developing new products.
Our latest creation is “Modulon”, a four slot expander for MSX1 and higher computers.
Modulon has the following features:
- It works with the PlaySoniq *1
- Has it own 3.57 Mhz crystal (clock) to support (audio)cartridges in overclocked systems *2
- Can be stacked with additional Modulons for extra slots. The second expander (and up) will configure itself into a I/O expander.
- Will fit in- and have a modified MT-Telecom cartridge enclosure (factory modifications are currently being tested)
- Supports an external AC Adapter
- Uses standard components for future modifications or repairs
- The three top slots are on/off switchable
- Compact design
- Gold plated contacts
- Like multi-chip music? Modulon has separate volume adjusters for all four slots.
The price is set to 100 euros. Currently we are looking for ten test-users that can field-test the expander (with the clock). You will get Modulon for a 25% discount. Test users will get support during testing and repairs if needed. Interested? Please mail info at supersoniqs.com to apply and please include information about your current setup (old MSX computers/ Playsoniq users would be needful)
We need more MT-Telecom casings. Please mail us if you want to trade-in yours or get a discount when ordering Modulon.
*1: with a maximum of 4 MB memory config; all other functionality supported without limitations. *2:the separate 3.57 MHz crystal option does not work with older DRAM based memory modules. Future versions will have the option to order Modulon with the crystal, without it, or with partial support (f.i. last slot MSX clock and the three slots on top connected to the crystal).